Vision and Aims
We wish for every child to become a brave, kind and curious, life-long learner; a responsible, active member of our community, who can achieve and grow in a nurturing and creative environment. We want them to aspire to high standards of achievement in all areas of their life and be equipped with the skills to make a positive impact in our ever-changing world.
Our vision is to create a school where everyone is welcomed, efforts are valued, ambition is nurtured and where the potential of every child is realised. We aim to create an inclusive school that offers an irresistible invitation to learning.
At Ben Jonson Primary we aim to create an ethos where:
- We are committed in our pursuit for excellence
- We are committed to giving our children the best possible future life chances, without limits on learning, attainment and achievement. We have a genuine belief that, given the opportunities, every child can succeed
- We provide exciting but safe and secure spaces, indoors and outdoors, where children can explore, discover and experiment
- We have high expectations for all within our community to ensure that we demonstrate the very best standards of conduct, moral purpose and integrity.
- Our children are motivated and have the confidence to challenge themselves as learners
- Our children have a genuine pride in themselves, their efforts and achievements. Talents and creativity are nurtured and encouraged
- There is a growth mind-set. We stay positive, we value learning from mistakes and we keep going when things become tough.
- We are an inclusive school
- We value everyone as an individual and encourage respect for others and their opinions – Relationships matter
- We encourage co-operation and collaboration, everyone taking responsibility for all that they say and do
- We celebrate and respect the diverse community in which we live and appreciate our responsibilities as global citizens
- A welcoming atmosphere is created in school, where children, staff, parents and visitors feel valued
- Our children are happy, feel safe and supported and enjoy coming to school
- Our children demonstrate good manners and show consideration to and for others.
- We aspire to ignite a passion for life-long learning
- We aspire to develop great thinkers, who are independent, resilient and embrace challenges and new experiences
- We aim to develop a strong community spirit in our children that helps them to become positive, active responsible citizens in the future
- Our children are keen, enthusiastic and totally engaged in their learning
- Our children are reflective and thoughtful about their experiences
- Teaching is creative, exciting and stimulates and extends children’s thinking
- Our staff are committed professionals who demonstrate a love of teaching, a passion for their own, as well as children’s learning and development, and show genuine care for the children they teach
- Our school environment supports children’s learning and values their achievements.